Senior Discounts in Phoenix
As retirement cities go, Phoenix ranks well for mild winters, great golf, and a cost of living that’s less than half a percent above the national average. To capitalize on that low cost of living, seniors can also take advantage of discounts on all kinds of things around town, from groceries and home goods to entertainment and museums.
Here are 10 smart deals for seniors in Phoenix:
- Basha’s grocery stores offer 10% off tabs of $15 and more on the 1st Wednesday of the month. The deal is open to Thank You Club cardholders age 55 and older.
- Three outlet malls in and around Phoenix offer senior discounts on Tuesdays. The Outlets at Anthem, The Outlets at Casa Grande, and Arizona Mills all offer the deal, although not every store in every mall participates.
- The Phoenix Art Museum gives seniors a 20% discount on general admission. In addition to a sculpture garden and a bistro featuring local and regional foods, the museum offers visitors an extensive collection of American art, Spanish colonial Latin American works, and thousands of historic pieces in its fashion collection.
- Seniors get 10% of admission to the Desert Botanical Garden, where hardy wildflowers, native plants, and flora from the world’s other deserts create an appealing oasis. Gardening classes and special events put guests in touch with Phoenix’s rugged nature.
- The world-renowned Heard Museum of American Indian Art and History gives seniors age 65 and up a 25% discount on general admission. In addition to historic artifacts and new works by Native painters and sculptors, the Heard is a hub for market festivals, family days, and live music performances.
- The Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting offers a hot deal for seniors: 15% off admission to see the museum’s stunning collection of restored firefighting equipment and vehicles. From horse-drawn wagons to early ladder trucks and mid-century engines, the Hall of Flame collection covers nearly 300 years’ worth of European and American firefighting technology.
- The Phoenix Science Center makes a great day out with the grandkids and a fun place to visit with friends for monthly Adults Night Out programs. General admission prices are reduced 12% for seniors.
- See how the iconic “Wells Fargo wagon” helped shape the Southwest of the 1800s at the Wells Fargo History Museum inside the company’s Plaza Building downtown. On display are a restored stagecoach, a telegraph, and the largest public exhibit of the Western work of American painter N.C. Wyeth. Visitors get the best discount of all: Admission is always free.
- One of Phoenix’s oddest pieces of architecture, Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights, looks like a layer cake protected by a moat of cactus. The story behind it — an immigrant’s California gold and metal riches, resort dreams smashed by the Great Depression — is an interesting window into the economy of the 1920s and 1930s. Seniors get a discount on the Castle’s popular guided tours.
- The Pueblo Grande Museum and Archeological Park shows visitors the arts, crafts, and architecture of the native Hohokam people on a former village site. Seniors receive 15% off admission.
Learn more about Financial Assistance for Phoenix Seniors here:
Find assisted living in Phoenix on SeniorAdvisor.com.