We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
About Rose Tree Place - Media, PA
When you think of assisted living and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why one visit will shatter your expectations.
How do we do it? We start with an environment of choice. You’ll find a great variety of living options from affordable studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom suites. Best of all, you’re surrounded by an atmosphere that’s truly residential. Monotonous call bells and squawking intercoms – not here. Associates in scrubs pushing medication carts down the hallways – no way. Here, you’ll flourish, thrive and be empowered to express your true self, all in an environment unlike anything you’d expect.
When it comes to boring stereotypical activities – you won’t find them here. We know that challenging the mind and stimulating the body have enormous benefit at any age and can even slow the process of memory loss. That’s why, as part of Watermark Retirement Communities, we created Watermark University. Watermark University offers
The modest borough of Media, Pennsylvania, is located in Delaware County, just 13 miles west of Philadelphia. In the 19th century, Media was heralded as a summer resort for wealthy residents of Philadelphia and boasted several grand hotels, such as the Idlewild.
The community made history in 2006 when it became the first US town to obtain a fair trade certification, ensuring products meeting fair trade requirements were available locally. With a modest population of 5,344 and an average household income of $65,742, small town Media has maintained the charm and familiarity that has earned its reputation as €œEverybody's Hometown.€
- Walkability Score: The city has been called a €œWalker's Paradise.€ It has a very impressive walk score of 93. It's a two-minute walk to the nearest bus stop, and other errands and recreation are in close proximity.
- Average Age in the 19063 Zip Code: The average age in Media is 40.1.
- Number of Senior Housing Facilities in the 19063 Zip Code: There are approximately 222 senior living facilities near Media, PA. About 101 of those are independent living facilities.
- Average Weather: Media, PA has hit a January low of 3 degrees Fahrenheit. In summer months, the highs stay just below 100 degrees. The average temperature range is moderate, from 35 to 78 degrees annually. The town has a high elevation, up to 350 feet above sea level.
- Veteran's Facilities in the Area: Center City Philadelphia Vet Center, Delaware County Veterans Affairs, and Southeastern Veterans Center.
Seniors who want to get around Media have the option of a train, bus, or trolley, if they do not own a car or prefer walking.
- Buses: The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transport Authority (SEPTA) Surburban Lines, Route 110 (to Granite Mall) and 118 (to Newtown Square), service Media.
- Trains: The Media/Elwyn line on the SEPTA rail transports seniors to and from the city.
- Trolley: SEPTA's Surburban Trolley Route 101 is available for Media seniors.
- Taxis: County Cab, Rainbow Cab & Limousine, AAA Maza Taxi, Mid-Atlantic Express Cab, and Maxwell Taxi Cab.
- Ride Shares: Delaware Transit Corporation, or DART First State, provides a site for residents to organize ride sharing, vanpooling, and other transportation alternatives. There's also an ample RideShare Lot in Philadelphia.
Health and Safety
In terms of the overall crime rate, Media's is 40 percent less than the national average. Only 4.69 crimes happen each day per 100,000 people. The area sees about 633 violent crimes annually per 100,000 people, which is a little more than half of all property crimes. Residents have a 1 in 58 chance of being a victim of a violent crime.
- Hospitals: Riddle Hospital, Springfield Hospital, Crozer-Chester Medical Center (Upland), and Kindred Hospital (Philadelphia).
- Crime Rate: Media is 39 percent safer than other US cities.
Sports and Leisure
Media residents do not have to be starved for sports action with Philadelphia so close. The City of Brotherly Love is home to the Philadelphia Eagles (football), Phillies (baseball), 76ers (basketball), Flyers (hockey), Union (soccer), and Soul (Arena Football League). There are other fun attractions for those who want to stay closer to Media.
- Golf Courses: Paxon Holloway Country Club, Springhaven, Springhaven Township, Rolling Green, White Manor Country Club (Malvern), Merion (Ardmore), and Golf Course at Glen Mills.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Timberwyck Swim & Tennis Club, Granite Run Tennis Club, Springton Tennis & Racquet, Rose Valley Swim and Tennis Club, Idle Hour Tennis Club (Drexel), and Healthplex Sports Club.
- Gyms: Surrey Services for Seniors, Fitness Together, Enso, LLC (Yoga), Sarva Yoga of Media, Rocky Run YMCA, Planet Fitness, and LA Fitness.
Shopping and Entertainment
Neighboring Springfield and Philadelphia help enrich the shopping scene in Media, PA. The community has quite a few unique boutiques and specialty shops that offer a reprieve from national chains. There is also no shortage of trails for hiking, nature preserves for outdoor picnics, and historic sites.
- Clothes and Accessories: Tancreed's Specialty Shop, Kuta, Lovely You (wig shop), Per Lei Boutique, Seven Stones Gallery (Native American jewelry), Eileen Fisher, Clothes Mentor (resale in Springfield), B. Gross Men's Wear, and Boscov's.
- Grocery Stores: ACME Markets, Trader Joe's, Media Farmer's Market, Wolff's Apple House, Linvilla Orchards, Gentile's Fruit Market, and G&C Foods.
- Restaurants: Azie, Desert Rose, Stephen's on State, Margaret Kuo's, Wimpy's Original, Lotus Farm to Table (BYOB), Pinocchio's, Court Diner, and 320 Market Cafe.
- Movie Theaters: AMC Classic Granite Run 8 Mall and AMC Marple 10.
- Libraries: Media-Upper Providence Library, Middletown Free Libray, Library Learning Center, Delaware County Law Library, and Delaware County Community College Library.
- Senior-Friendly Salons: Media Hair Stop, Karma Salon & Spa, Fergy's, Van Gogh Salon, Salon Jean Raymond, and Giovanni's Media Barber Shop.
- Attractions: Ridley Creek State Park, John J Tyler Arboretum, Hedgerow Theatre, The Media Theater, Natural Lands Trust's Hildacy Farm Preserve, Pennsylvania Veterans Museum, Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation, Caleb Pusey House, Morton Morton House, and Delaware County Institute of Science.
Christians make up the dominant faith and worship practitioners in Media, PA. The majority are Catholics, followed closely by mainline Protestants. Most non-Christian worshippers, including Buddhists, Muslims, Jewish and Hindu, all come in at 1 percent each of the religious population. Unaffiliated groups, including atheists and agnostics, make up 21 percent of religious beliefs in Media.
Here are some places of worship in the area: Christ Church Media, First United Methodist Church, Media Presbyterian Church, Gateway Community Church, Nativity BVM Church, Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County, Reformation Lutheran Church, Mary Magdalene Parish, Campbell AME Church, St. George Greek Orthodox Church, Islamic Center of Chester County, and Congregation Beth Israel.