We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Physical Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
About Grace House of Tampa Inc. - Tampa, FL
What Makes Us Different From Large Facilities?
Grace House of Tampa is a family oriented facility. All of the residents will receive love, respect and care from the staff while maintaining their privacy and independence. The home speaks for itself. It’s a gorgeous and spacious home in Tampa Florida. The home has five spacious bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. The licensed staff members are experienced and dedicated to serving seniors.
Put yourself in the shoes of your loved one. If you found yourself in a situation where you needed around the clock care, would you want to move from the comfort of your home to a medical facility that feels more like a hospital than your home?
Grace House is a Residential Care home that truly feels like home. We have a kitchen, shared or private bedrooms, private or shared bathrooms, public rooms such as a living room, Florida room and a screened in patio outside the door all within easy distance for seniors. Because of this single- family home layout, it is my experience that seniors truly feel they are in a home similar to their own home. This helps increase feelings of comfort and relaxation and eases their transition from their own home or apartment to moving into a residential care home.
Grace House being a residential care home we offer a quieter, calmer environment than larger settings, again contributing to a calmer state of mind for all in the home.
We offer an open kitchen in our home. Residents are encouraged to spend time in the kitchen, helping to prepare food or sort through recipes – family members typically can help themselves to beverages or get beverage or snacks for their loved one.
Because Grace House is a smaller home residents typically spend most of their time in the common areas, rather than in their room. They spend most of their time interacting with other people in the house or engaged in various activities ,which helps boost their mood and feel like a vital part of their household … their new extended family.
Tampa is vehicle-dependent city, with sunny skies and a variety of living options for seniors.
- Walkability score: Tampa receives an average walkability score of 50.
- Average age: The majority of people residing in Tampa fall within the age range of 25 to 54, with the median age being about 35.
- Senior housing facilities: Tampa has around 350 different senior housing facilities.
- Weather: Tampa has a humid subtropical climate and experiences two basic seasons. Summers are hot and wet, with an average temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are generally dry and mild, with temperatures averaging between the mid-50s and low-70s.
- Veteran's facilities: Tampa has a number of treatment centers and facilities catering to the needs of veterans, including the James A. Haley Veteran's Hospital and its host of specialized off-site clinics located in surrounding area. There are also several American Legion posts in Tampa.
Health and Safety
Tampa has a large number of hospitals and care facilities to keeps its residents in good health. Its safety levels are comparable to cities of similar size and population across the country.
- Hospitals: There are a number of hospitals across the city for residents to receive care, including the Memorial Hospital of Tampa and Tampa General Hospital, as well as emergency care services available at locations such as the Tampa Community Hospital.
- Crime rate: Tampa's crime rate is in a downward trend, having dropped significantly in recent years.
Sports and Leisure
Diverse sports and leisure options exist for senior in Tampa, including a number of golf courses, clubs and recreation centers. The Florida Sports Foundation also hosts the Tampa Bay Senior Games every year for participants ages 50 and older.
- Golf courses: Tampa has an incredible number of golf courses, including the award-winning Pebble Creek, Rocky Point Golf Course and the Northdale Golf & Tennis Club.
- Tennis: Tennis clubs include the Harbor Island Athletic Club, Northdale Golf & Tennis Club and Hunter's Green Country Club. There are also leagues, tournaments and courts available for rent at the HCC.
- Nearby gyms: Tampa has a variety of recreational and activity centers that offer seniors programming, classes and exercise groups. Some popular options include the Life Enrichment Center, David Barksdale Active Adult Center and Port Tampa Recreation Center.
Since Tampa isn't a highly walkable city, residents rely on its various transportation options to get around.
- Buses: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) has a fleet of 200 buses operating over an area of 1000 square miles. Seniors can also download the HART app to their phones to see what time buses will arrive at certain shops. Anyone over the age of 65 is eligible for discounted fares.
- Van service: HART also offers door-to-door HARTFlex and HARTPlus van services, which is a lost-cost alternative to the bus system. Reservations can be made in advance or you can use the walk-up service at designated locations.
- Trains: The TECO Line Streetcar runs for 2.7 miles across Downtown Tampa and offers a fun historical experience.
- Taxis: Taxi options include Cab Plus, Yellow Cab, United Cab and OnCabs.
- Ride shares: Tampa has a variety of ride share options including HARTHyperLink, RelayRides, Hertz On Demand and WeCar, as well as organized carpooling and vanpooling services
For anyone using public transportation or carpooling services at least two times a week, the TBARTA Emergency Ride Home program provides residents with four free taxi rides per year they can use free of charge in emergency situations.
There are a number of religious facilities across Tampa that cater to a variety of different faiths.
- Nearby religious facilities: Many facilities cater to the area's broad representation of Christian denominations, including the notable Sacred Heart Catholic Church, but there are also several Jewish synagogues, mosques for followers of Islam and Buddhist temples, as well as local worship centers for those of Sikh and Hindu faiths.
Shopping and Entertainment
Tampa is a vibrant city with a host of diverse entertainment opportunities and cultural offerings for its residents to enjoy.
- Nearby shopping: Hyde Park Village and WestShore Plaza are popular shopping destinations. Large retailers, such as a Walgreens and Stein Mart, are also available nearby for everyday items. For premium designer goods at discounted prices, Elleton Premium Outlets open-air shopping complex is located just outside the city.
- Grocery stores: Grocery stores are conveniently nearby, including Publix Supermarket, which has a wide selection of groceries, and the Fresh Market, which offers more locally-sourced products as well as fresh prepared meals. Tampa also has a farmers market open daily.
- Restaurants: Both casual dining and more upscale dining options are available nearby, including Chili's, Chipotle, the Melting Pot and Bonefish Grill. Many restaurants offer special discounts for seniors.
- Movie Theatres: There are number of AMC cinemas throughout the city, as well as landmark venues in the downtown district, including the Tampa Theatre. Villagio Cinemas is also located nearby, and features an Italian cafe and bar.
- Libraries: The Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library is located nearby.
- Salons: There are many nearby nail and beauty salons for seniors to go for treatments and services, including a number of Rejuvenate Salon & Spa locations that cater specifically to senior clients.
- Attractions: Downtown Tampa has a wide variety of arts, culture and entertainment opportunities, such as performing arts centers, museums and galleries. Some of Tampa's most popular attractions include the Lowry Park Zoo, Florida Aquarium and Henry B. Plant Museum, all of which offer special discounted admission rates for seniors.