We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Sagepoint Senior Living Services - La Plata, MD has yet not published prices.
About Sagepoint Senior Living Services - La Plata, MD
Finding the right senior care can be demanding. You can count on Sagepoint for advice and answers. Our community-focused, nonprofit organization has served generations of Southern Maryland families with experienced advisors, trusted caregivers, and excellent care.
Sagepoint offers a continuum of senior living solutions that no one else in the region can match. At every point in senior care, you can rely on a wide array of services, innovative programs, and homelike living environments. So you know you have the right care for your loved one today, and can continue to serve your family if your care needs change.
Services include: Adult Day Services, Rehabilitation, Assisted Living, Long-term Care, Home Care, and Memory Care.
La Plata is a small town of just under 9,000 residents in Southern Maryland.
· Walkability score: Average. It would be a nearly one mile walk into the town from Sagepoint but for seniors who choose to walk there is a pathway next to the road. The older town area on and around Charles Street has new concrete pathways to walk around town. The area of La Plata on Crain Highway that has some of the bigger box and grocery stores is not walkable, requiring a bus or car to get around.
· Median age in the zip: The median age of La Plata is 37.3 years. Though the senior community is more diverse with the average residents' age being 52.6.
· # of senior housing facilities in the zip: There are three housing facilities in the area including Sagepoint. The Genesis Elder Care Center, and Options for Senior America are the others.
· Average weather info: La Plata is in a subtropical environment meaning the summers will be hot and humid, the winters cool and relatively mild.
· Veteran's facilities in the area: None.
Though La Plata is a small town it still has a few public transit options to choose from and excellent specialized services for seniors.
· Buses: The red LP bus line has a convenient stop outside the Clark Senior Center, right next to the Sagepoint facility. The bus route takes seniors into the older part of town on Charles Street and makes stops further north on Crain Highway. The cost is only one dollar for seniors for an all-day pass or 50 cents a trip.
· Trains: None.
· Taxis/Ride Shares: Options like uber are available in La Plata. Downloading the VanGo app is a great way to navigate the transportation options. The app has fares and schedules for all buses in Charles County. The app also lets seniors access specialized services. These services include ADA transportation, door to door service for seniors 60 and older up to 12 times a month, and subscription service for transportation based on dialysis needs.
Health and Safety
La Plata has some great Health services nearby including the University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center that has a range of medical services.
· Hospitals in the area: The UMCRMC Hospital also operates its own urgent care facility across the street from the hospital. This can be accessed with no appointment and has extended hours seven days a week.
· Specialty medical practices: Capital Area Orthopedics is a great service to have for seniors with orthopedic needs. Advanced Dermatology and cosmetic surgery also has services that seniors can take advantage off for all their skin care or cosmetic needs. Seniors also often have physical therapy needs making La Plata therapy and wellness a great resource just down the road.
· Crime rate in the zip: Crime in the La Plata area is less than the national average in most all crime statistics. Theft accounted for around 75 percent of all crimes in La Plata in 2015.
Sports and Leisure
La Plata has several places for sports and leisure but the greatest resource is the Clark Senior Center, a luxury for seniors to have right next door.
· Senior Centers: The Clark Senior Center is run by Charles County and provides a multitude of senior enrichment activities. Everyday there is a schedule of different activities throughout the day that seniors can take advantage of including, fitness, art, walks in the park, yoga, bridge, zumba and much more.
· Golf courses nearby: The Hawthorne country club. Though it is geared towards membership the country club allows for public play on its golf course. Though to take advantage of the pool and tennis courts you will need to be a member.
· Tennis courts/clubs nearby: The Milton Somer community center has outdoor tennis and basketball courts to use, while La Plata high school also has some tennis courts and a track to exercise on.
· Gyms nearby - senior friendly (aerobics): Longevity Studios is a great senior friendly location.
Shopping and Entertainment
Much of the shopping in La Plata is limited to smaller stores in the older town area or Target and Walmart on Crain Highway.
· Clothes Shopping nearby: Target, Walmart, New York & Co., and Famous Footwear.
· Grocery stores: Safeway, Giant Food, and Weis markets on Crain Highway are the two main grocery stores to shop from in La Plata.
· # of Luby's near by: None.
· Other restaurants: McDonald's: Marie's Diner, Roy Rogers, Hunan Star, Chipotle, chick fil-a, Dunkin Donuts, IHOP, and the Green Turtle Bar and Grill. Casey Jones is also a great restaurant with live music that's been around for 37 years in the La Plata old town area.
· Movie theaters: The closest movie theater is at the St. Charles town center about 8 miles up Crain highway. The town center also has more shopping options like Macy's and Kohl's.
· Libraries: The Charles County Public Library is less than a mile from the Sagepoint facility.
· Senior friendly salons (men and women): The Colonial Barber Shop is a great local place for men or women to get their hair cut. The Loft Salon is a newer style beauty salon great for women but also takes men.
· Attractions: Tilghman Lake Park is one of the nice attractions in the area. The park has a beautiful lake with walkable path along the sides. There is bathrooms, seating areas, areas to grill, and a fishing dock.
There are many churches in the La Plata area.
· Religious facilities nearby: The Grace Lutheran Church is right across the street, in the middle of the old town there are several churches, La Plata Community Church, the Episcopal Christ's Church, the Masjid Abdul-Moghni Mosque, La Plata United Methodist Church, are just a few of the main churches that service the La Plata area.