We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
About Brownstown Forest View Assisted Living - Brownstown Charter Township, MI
Brownstown Forest View is located in Brownstown, Michigan and is an assisted living community for active senior citizens who need assistance with some aspects of their daily routine. The nearest hospital, Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, is only four miles away. The facility is located in a rural area with thirteen nearby parks. The mild summer climate makes it easy to enjoy the outdoors. The facility offer personal assistance with as many or as few aspects of your family member's daily life as they need. Forest View believes that staying active is one of the keys to staying healthy, and they provide recreational and social events to keep seniors interested and involved. The assisted living community provides a comfortable and welcoming place for your senior family member to call home. Forest View offers multiple amenities and features for seniors. A personal assistant is available for seniors who decide they need one. The assistant can aid with as many daily tasks as needed. A full time activities director keeps residents informed of upcoming social events. Forest View provides assistance with managing medications as well as an emergency call system in all rooms. All rooms are equipped with hookups for cable television and phone service. You no longer need to worry about your senior family member's comfort and security. Forest View offers quality care in a warm environment to each resident at the facility. You can rest easy knowing that your family member has the resources and assistance that they need to carry out an active and fulfilling life.
Brownstown Forest View Assisted Living offers the best in assisted living in a fantastic community that allows every resident to enjoy life to the fullest.
Brownstown Charter Township is a beautiful town full of facilities for seniors and fun, friendly people who will make every resident of Brownstown Forest View Assisted Living love their life.
- Background: Brownstown Charter Township is a lovely community of about 31,000 people (as of 2010) in Wayne County, Michigan. Once part of Quebec, Brownstown Charter Township has grown to become a vibrant and important township in the great state of Michigan.
- Age: Approximately 5.8 percent of the people living in Brownstown Charter Township were 65 and older, and the median age in the township is 33.
- Senior facilities: There are 20 facilities dedicated to senior living in the area comprised of living facilities, nursing facilities and adult care centers.
- Weather: The weather in Brownstown Charter Township is beautiful with averages settling near 70 degrees Fahrenheit for most of the year except in the winter when temperatures drop to averages of around 29 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Veterans: Brownstown Charter Township is very open and accessible to veterans. In fact, many of the businesses in town offer them discounts. One of the most interesting things in town is Victory Gym, which caters specifically to veterans and offers them free memberships.
There are several options for residents of Brownstown Forest View Assisted Living to use when wanting to get around town, from free services available to all people over 60, to ride sharing apps where rides are only a click away.
- Senior/Disabled Transportation Program: Residents of Brownstown Charter Township who are over 60 are eligible to use the senior bus, although priority is given to those who cannot drive for medical reasons.
- Downriver Cab: Every Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. seniors and the disabled in Brownstown Charter Township can use this service to get to appointments, shopping or other daily activities.
- Uber: Any senior can catch a ride with Uber simply by downloading the app onto their phone and requesting a ride.
Health and Safety
Brownstown Charter Township has amazing health facilities in town and just up the road in Detroit. Additionally, it is an incredibly safe and enjoyable place to live.
- Hospitals: There are several hospitals a short drive away from Brownstown Forest View Assisted Living. One that has very good ratings and high praise is the Henry Ford Health Center - Brownstown. For specialist help, residents can take the quick drive to Detroit where doctors of all types can be found.
- Crime: Brownstown Charter Township has seen a downward trend in its already low violent crime and property crime rates over the last 10 years. Overall, the crime rate in town is below the national average and the Michigan average as can be seen here.
Sports and Leisure
Brownstown Charter Township has a number of gorgeous facilities for active seniors to use. With everything from beautiful golf courses to senior activities at the rec center, every one will find something to love.
- Golf courses: There are five gold courses in the area surrounding Brownstown Charter Township. The Lake Erie Metropark Golf Course is highly regarded and has beautiful views of Lake Erie along the whole green.
- Tennis courts: The Bridgewater Tennis Courts are available to the public and offer a place to practice some net skills.
- Gyms and recreation: The Brownstown Rec Center has a number of activities for seniors to partake in. From daily activities to yearly treats like Senior Olympics, the rec has it all. More info can be found here.
Shopping and Entertainment
Brownstown Charter Township is filled with the things everyone needs to enjoy a full life. From shopping to outdoor adventures, there's something for everyone.
- Clothes shopping: There are numerous shopping centers in and around Brownstown Charter Township. Also, Detroit and its shopping are only a short drive away.
- Groceries: In addition to the two Krogers and Mitch's Food Mart in town, there are a handful of other grocers around the area.
- Restaurants: There are dozens of restaurants in Brownstown Charter Township, from Italian to BBQ, fast food to fine food, everyone will find something to enjoy. For an upscale culinary experience, one can take a drive to one of the world-renowned restaurants in Detroit.
- Movie theaters: There are four movie theaters in the area that serve up the hottest new movies and offer early bird showings and matinee prices.
- Libraries: While there are not any libraries in Brownstown Charter Township, there are several in surrounding towns.
- Salons: There are numerous salons in Brownstown Charter Township that service seniors and offer them discounts. One of the top rated is Rainforest Hair Salon LLC.
- Attractions: Brownstown Charter Township has a number of parks for residents to enjoy nature. The Huron River also flows through town and provides a view of the water.
Brownstown Charter Township is supportive of all religions and as such has facilities for people of all denominations to utilize.
- Facilities: Every major religion has a place of worship inside the township. However, if one wants a larger congregation or a different experience, the surrounding areas also have religious facilities that will satisfy those needs.