We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
About Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody - Atlanta, GA
Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.
Dunwoody is a city just north of Atlanta. The area has a rich history, which shows itself in several buildings like the Ebenezer Primitive Baptist Church and the Donaldson-Bannister House. Dunwoody is run by a mayor and council, in a municipal government. It has its own police force, although the fire department is from the Dekalb County Fire & Rescue. With vintage shops, fine dining, large parks, and a high range of adult programs and activities, Dunwoody is a great place to settle.
Some information about the area includes:
- Walkability Score: The walkability score is a 32 for Dunwoody. This means that most errands will require a vehicle of some type, including public transportation.
- Residents: There are 48,733 residents living in Dunwoody.
- Age: The average age of residents is 36.4 years old.
- Weather: Weather in the June is 86 degrees and sunny. The average weather in December is 52 degrees and cloudy. The average rainfall is less than 50 inches per year.
- Senior Living: Dunwoody hosts six different senior housing areas, as well as senior gated communities and assisted living. Country Gardens Dunwoody, Brookdale Dunwoody, and The Phoenix at Dunwoody are a few.
- Crime Rate: The crime rate in Dunwoody is about average compared to the national crime rates. According to the crime index, Dunwoody has a rate of 243.4, the national average is 249.6. Local police are available, with over 50 officers for the area.
Being a suburb of Atlanta, transportation in and out of Dunwoody ranges from taxi services to buses and trains or shuttles. Transport services are:
- MARTA Train: The red line train serves Dunwoody during the day, and after 8:30pm, the gold line train and red lines are used. Discounts are given for seniors, at a rate of $1 per trip for one-way tickets, trip packages, or round trips.
- MARTA Bus: Buses serving Dunwoody are Bus 150 and Bus 103. The same discount is available for the bus pass. Discount passes are available at the Five Points Rail Station or the MARTA Headquarters.
- Taxi: Taxis in the area include ATL Fast Taxi and Limo Service, Best Taxi and Limo Service, and Dream It Big Taxi Service.
Health services in Dunwoody are easily accessible. Between hospitals and health care centers, Dunwoody also has mental health services and urgent care. These include:
- Hospitals: Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital is the main hospital in the area. Peachtree Hospital is a behavioral treatment center.
- Urgent Care: Piedmont Urgent Care is run by WellStreet and offers urgent services as well as vaccinations and physical exams.
- Veterans Services: Veterans health and benefits information is run out of the main offices in Atlanta, such as the Georgia Department of Veterans Service.
Dunwoody offers a very large range of leisure activities specialized towards older adults. Some of these are:
- Golf Courses: Dunwoody Country Club, which is members only club. It has an 18-hole course with challenging shots and beautiful views. Other courses nearby include Horseshoe Bend Country Club and Steel Canyon Golf Club.
- Swimming: The Cowart Family YMCA in Dunwoody offers specialized exercise programs for seniors, educational workshops, swim classes, and personal coaching. Kingsley Racquet & Swim Club has a large pool with shaded areas.
- Gyms: Workout Anytime offers seniors the Silver Sneakers and Silver&Fit active aging program memberships. Both programs are specifically aimed at older adults. The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta in Dunwoody has the Silver Sneakers program as well as senior aimed group exercises, sports, and learning.
The town of Dunwoody has shopping experiences for everyone. From large malls to unique shops, these include:
- Perimeter Mall: Over 150 stores and eateries inside this luxury mall, such as American Eagle, Carlo's Bake Shop, PINK, and SEPHORA.
- Dunwoody Village: The historical part of town that offers 40 different locally owned specialty shops and boutiques.
- Perimeter Place: An outdoor mall based on a œmain street theme. Features stores like Super Target, Robeks, and Ross.
- Antique Shops: Southern Comforts offers new and consignments. Golden Feather Antiques offers vintage clothing and furniture.
Food in Dunwoody comes in a large array of tastes. Some of these encompass:
- Fast Eats: Village Burger, Farm Burger Dunwoody, Memphis Barbecue Co., and Marlow's Tavern.
- Lunch Spots: Takorea, Novo Cucina, CafÃ© Sababa, First Watch, and the Vino Venue.
- Fine Dining: Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse, Maggiano's Little Italy, McKendrick's Steak House, and Carrabba's Italian Grill.
When you aren't shopping for clothes, visiting the local gyms, or eating at the local steak house, activities in Dunwoody are widely available to keep you occupied. Just a few of these include:
- Arts: The Spruill Center for the arts offers classes and workshops, as well as handmade crafts for sale at the Spruill Gallery.
- Music: Local taverns and pubs hold live music nights and events such as the Dunwoody Tavern.
- Parks: Dunwoody Nature Center has gardens, walking trails, and tree hammocks. Treetop Quest offers climbing and zip lines above the ground. There are also seven other parks available for outdoor fun.
- Library: Dekalb County Public Library in Dunwoody has a big collection of large print books and offers adult learning classes.
Whether you're looking for a place to experience unique opportunities such as tree climbing or simply a place to relax, Dunwoody Georgia may be the city you're looking for. While it has the city businesses, the deep history and locally owned stores give it more of a town feel. With a large hospital in residence and a low crime rate and easy transportation, Dunwoody is a prime place to move.