We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Brandywine Living at Mahwah - Mahwah, NJ has yet not published prices.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Homecare Onsite
- Pets Allowed
About Brandywine Living at Mahwah - Mahwah, NJ
Life is beautiful at Brandywine Senior Living. We have luxurious individual suites with a private bath and kitchen area. Meanwhile, on the other side of your door are services to meet your needs, and entertainment to enliven your spirit.
With on-site–not–on–call licensed nurses only steps away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there is no need to worry about where to turn for care.
When not relaxing in the privacy of their own suites, our residents can enjoy good company in one of our spacious, well-appointed dining rooms or comfortable lounge areas. Likewise, they can choose to spend time in one of our landscaped courtyards, terraces, and garden areas - each a perfect setting for a leisurely conversation with family and friends. Most importantly, they are not alone anymore. Isolation and boredom are probably the two most impacting factors on aging. When you have friends, when you can laugh, when you have a reason to get up in the morning - and look forward to your day - your life is, indeed, beautiful.
Brandywine Assisted Living offers a state of the art program for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory impairments. Our specialized program, Reflections, is based on the concept of providing a Relationship Based Approach to Care. Building positive relationships between residents, caregivers, families and the community through individualized care and therapeutic activities is the hallmark of our program.
Mahwah, NJ is a town with ample resources. It has a moderate climate and a vast array of communities for seniors.
- Walkability Score: The walkability score of Mahwah is 23.
- Average Age: The average age of residents in Mahwah is 45 to 64. The percentage of residents over 65 is approximately 14.
- Senior Facilities: There are approximately 185 housing facilities for seniors in Mahwah.
- Weather: Mahwah residents enjoy a humid continental climate with four distinct seasons.
- Veterans Facilities: Mahwah is served by the Paramus Veterans Memorial Home, which provides valuable resources to veterans and their families in Bergen County.
Mahwah has a number of transportation options for residents, which makes getting around town easy.
- Buses: Mahwah is served by an excellent bus system. Service runs all the way to midtown Manhattan with plenty of stops in between.
- Trains: Residents who prefer train travel can use the New Jersey Transit, which travels from Mahwah to Hoboken.
- Taxis: For residents who prefer a private car, Mahwah has an ample array of taxi services to choose from.
- Rideshares: Another option for getting around Mahwah is rideshare services such as Uber.
Health and Safety
Mahwah residents have a variety of choices when it comes to their medical care. Mahwah is one of the safest communities in New Jersey, which is another reason why this town is a great place for seniors to call home.
- Hospitals: There are several hospitals and medical centers in and around Mahwah, including Valley Regional Medical Center and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Crime Rate: Mahwah has a crime rate of 4.48 per 1,000 residents. Not only is it ranked as one of the safest places to live in New Jersey, but it's also one of the safest towns in the United States.
Sports and Leisure
Seniors can easily enjoy an active lifestyle in Mahwah, NJ. The town has multiple recreational facilities and parks as well as its own senior activity center.
- Golf Courses: Mahwah is home to the beautiful Darlington Golf Course. It has a 73.7 USGA rating and was designed by renowned architect Nicholas Psiahas.
- Tennis Courts: Residents of Mahwah enjoy access to a number of tennis courts and clubs, including Champion Tennis & Golf and Quest Tennis.
- Gyms: The YWCA of Bergen County has a gym and several exercise programs created for seniors. Other gyms in Mahwah where seniors can stay in shape include SnapFitness and New York Sports Clubs.
Shopping and Entertainment
- Clothes Shopping: Seniors can maintain a stylish wardrobe and shop for gifts easily in Mahwah thanks to the spacious Mahwah Shopping Center.
- Grocery Stores: There are a number of grocery stores to choose from in Mahweh, including specialty and gourmet stores as well as chain supermarkets like Stop & Shop.
- Restaurants: Seniors who enjoy dining out have plenty of options. The town has casual dining establishments and fine restaurants. In terms of cuisine, there's everything from Italian to Chinese and beyond.
- Movie Theaters: The Mahwah area is home to the elegant and historic Ramsey Theater, which shows the latest releases and has special screenings and events.
- Libraries: The Mahwah Public Library offers residents free book rentals and other resources. The library hosts a large number of community events, many of which are especially for seniors.
- Salons: Mahwah has an array of salons and barber shops from which to choose. Options include Supercuts and the senior friendly, locally owned Riccio Salon.
- Attractions: There are plenty of fun things to do in Mahwah. Seniors can enjoy local culture and socialization at the Mahwah Museum, which hosts lots of enriching and educational events.