We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
About Absolut of Endicott - Endicott, NY
Absolut Care of Endicott sits on a hill on the Northwest edge of the Village of Endicott. Located just west of Binghamton, NY, Endicott is a picturesque village, originally home of IBM.
Absolut Care of Endicott houses 160 people needing a variety of care services. The facility has four distinct units, each catering to a specialty service.
There is a short-stay rehabilitation unit, which works with the patients to provide quality, restorative services to help them after an acute episode. These patients have goals established at the time they are admitted and our therapy staff, restorative Nursing, and certified nurses and aides work with that goal in mind. Often the goal is to regain functioning sufficient to return to home.
The facility also boasts a safe, secured unit for those who need an environment where they can be safely managed. This unit provides customized care and activities for patients who may have some dementia or other memory impairments.
The other two units provide long-term care, with one providing more independence and the other providing extensive assistance.
The facility was constructed in 1971 and had a major addition and upgrade in 1991. The facility is fully heated and air-conditioned and provides the most up-to-date care in an attractive, modern setting. All rooms are either private or with only 2 persons per room.
The Village of Endicott is located in the southern portion of central New York state. This quaint town is home to over 13,000 residents and boasts a strong sense of community that brings everyone together. Summers are warm and humid, and the temperature frequently drops below freezing during the winter. Despite the cold in those months, residents still find plenty of reasons to get out and enjoy themselves. Here's what you need to know about life in this town.
Endicott is a town that welcomes people from all walks of life to enjoy spending their days in a calm, idyllic setting.
- Walkability: Endicott has a walkability score of 79, which means that most errands can be completed on foot if you so desire.
- Age Demographics: In Endicott, 26.1 percent of the population is aged between 45 and 64, and 15.9 percent are 65 and older. There are about 9 men for every 10 women in the town.
- Senior Housing Facilities: There are several senior housing facilities in the area, including assisted and independent living, as well as memory care.
- Average Weather: Temperatures in the summer reach an average high of 81 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and an average low of 57 degrees at night. In the winter, high temperatures average about 32 degrees, with lows around 14 degrees.
- Veteran's Facilities: The nearest veteran's facilities are located in the neighboring town of Binghampton, about 20 minutes away.
Getting around Endicott is relatively easy. Seniors have a variety of transportation options to choose from.
- Buses: There are a range of public buses that service Endicott and the rest of Broome County. Reduced fares are available for seniors, with each ride costing just $1.
- Trains: The nearest Amtrak train station is in Binghampton.
- Taxis: There are several taxi companies that service the area.
- Air Travel: The Tri-Cities Airport is located just outside of town for easy access for regional flights.
- Ride-Sharing: As of June 2017, the ride-sharing service, Uber, is available throughout New York state. The mobile app is intuitive and easy for seniors to use.
Health and Safety
Although Endicott is a beautiful place to live, seniors must take care when walking alone, especially at night, to protect themselves from possible crime.
- Hospitals: The nearest full-service hospital is in Binghampton, but there is a primary care facility in Endicott itself, called Lourdes Primary Care.
- Crime Rate: Endicott's crime rate is 6 (out of 100), meaning that Endicott is safer than 6 percent of cities in the United States.
Sports and Leisure
Seniors will find plenty of opportunities to get out of the house for some exercise.
- Golf Courses: The Binghampton Country Club is located on the eastern edge of town.
- Senior-Friendly Fitness Centers: There are several indoor and outdoor sports facilities throughout the community where seniors can participate in physical fitness activities.
Shopping and Entertainment
There is lots to do in the area, so seniors will never be short on shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- Clothing Stores: There are numerous clothing stores throughout the area with varying price points and styles.
- Grocery Stores: Multiple grocery stores stock all of the fresh, healthy foods seniors need, as well as pre-prepared meals.
- Restaurants: There are plenty of restaurants in the area serving up all types of cuisine from around the world.
- Movie Theaters: The Cinema Saver - Endicott offers senior rates at just $3 per ticket.
- Libraries: The George F. Johnson Memorial Library is located right in the center of town for easy access.
- Demographics: Just over half of the people in Endicott consider themselves to be religious. Christianity is the most popular religion, claiming about 40 percent of Endicott's population. Other religions include Judaism and Islam, although these each represent less than 1 percent of the local residents.
- Religious Facilities: There are many churches in the area, serving a variety of denominations of Christianity.